“Kaival Gyan Sampradaya“
Kaival Gyan Sampradaya was founded by Paramguru Shreemat Karunasagar Maharaj in Vikram Samvat 1829 (1773 according to the modern calendar). It is based in Sarsa, Gujarat India in the District of Anand. Paramguru started and led the Sampradaya for 105 years until he left to go back to Kaival Dhaam. He picked Pujya Shree Narandasji Maharaj as his successor to the gaadi (head seat). Whoever sit on this gaadi is responsible for leading and expanding the organization. Each successor is known as a Kuveracharya and he is to pick the next successor. Kaival Gyan Sampradaya has established hundreds of mandirs in India (mainly in Gujarat) for Kaival Satsangis. It has extended outside of India and has inspired the creation non-profit organizations in major cities in England, the U.S. and Canada to help guide Kaival Satsangis abroad. It has also inspired the creation of the first Kaival Gyan Mandir in the United States (Chicago, IL). It has also established several different community service organizations to help poverty-stricken people. These services expand from educational to health oriented to communal. Below is a breakdown of the types of the different types of seva (community service) Gyan Sampradaya performs.
1) Dharma Seva :
- Annakshetra – Sarsa is the Gurugadi of the Gyan Marg and is also is on the main route to Dakor, Phagvel and Pavagadh the famous teerths of sanatan dharma in Gujarat. A Teerth Dhaam is a place that has more then religious value. The pilgrims stop at Sarsa for darshan and rest. The Kaival Gyan Mahateerth Annakshetra at Sarsa is funded and run by H.H. Avichaldasji Maharaj. These facilities are provided to more than 1 lac people throughout the year.
- Dharmshalas – Dharmshalas are guest houses. There are three of them. The first one is at Gurugadi Sarsa, the second at Bal-Kuver, and the third at Banaras. They serve all Hindu pilgrims free of charge or at concessional rates. In the last 20 years H.H. Avichaldasji Maharajshree constructed around 200 rooms at the cost of 3 karores. Avichaldasji Maharajshree intends to build an ashram at Hariswar.
- Pilgrimages – H.H. Avichaldasji organizes two religious tours, one in and one outside of India. As he accompanies them H.H Avichaldasji helps the devotees realize the true spirit of religious places and people. Every year H.H Maharajshree and devotes go on the Kailas-man sarovar parikarma.
- Gauseva – Sat Kaival Gauseva is funded by H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree and is run by the Sat Kaival Gaushala trust. It is a breeding center for kankareji cows, a traditional and regional breed in Gujarat. The Gaushala is over 3 acres of land and is set up at a cost of nearly 40 lac rupees. For the 200 cows there is 25 acres of land for grass only, while two bore-wells provide water for the cows. The Gaushala has won many national and state level prizes.
2) Gyan Seva :
- Paramguru Karunasagar Maharajshree showed the path of Gyan along with Kaival dharma in the 1830’s (Vikram Savant). Sixth Kuveracharya Shree Shitaldasji Maharajshree established Paramguru Pathshala complex in Vikram Sanvat 1950’s to propagate the gyan marg through education. Seventh Kuveracharya Shree Avichaldasji Maharaj started educational institutions at Sarsa, Magakui, Bandharpada, and Limbhoi. Avichaldasji Maharajshree always feels that while obtaining modern scientific education one should not forget his own culture.
- Paramguru complex is run by Gyan Sampradaya Kelvani Khatu and it manages the fallowing institutes at Sarsa.
- Paramguru Pathshala English Medium school.
- Sat Kaival Primary Teacher Training College.
- Sat Kaival Adhyapan Mandir.
- Surajba Mahijibhai Sarvajanik Bal Mandir.
- Sat Kaival Nursery Teacher Education College.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar open University Study Center.
- Sat Kaival ITI.
- Sat Kaival College of Paramedical Science & Technology.
- Sat Kaival Vidya Mandir (Gujarati medium school).
- S.P. Patel Computer Academy
1. Kaival Gyan Seva Samaj Trust, Limbhoi district Sabarkantha, a tribal area on the border of Rajasthan runs the non-granted primary schools.
– Sat Kaival Vidhya Mandir, Limbhoi
– Bal Mandir, Aadhodiya
2. Kaival Gyan Seva Niketan Trust Magarkui Ta. Vyara Dist. Surat runs-
– Kaival Gyan Ashramshala
– Paramguru Ashramshala
– Kaival Gyan High School
Future projects :
– 25 Primary schools in remote tribal areas in Gujarat
– One Arts – Commerce College at Bakor
– Educational campus at Amar Dadam (Baroda)
– Educational campus at Saputara
– Sat Kaival Pharmacy College (already open)
Co-Educational services :
- Transportation- 5 vehicles at Sarsa :
- Residential Facility :
- Boys Hostel, Sarsa
- Girls Hostel Sarsa
- Boys Hostel, Magarkui
- Girls Hostel, Magarkui
- Boys Hostel, Bandharpada
- Girls hostel, Bandharpada
- Teachers Blocks, Magarkui
- Teachers Blocks, Bandharpada
All facilities free-of-charge in area Scholarship by H.H Maharajshree to the needy.
3) Arogya seva :
Millions of devotees of Gyan Sampradaya celebrated the 50th birthday of H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree on 25th of December, 2001 by weighing him with gold. This Suvarna Tula Vidhi was their homage to Maharajshree’s 30 years of religious social-humanitarian activities with the same generosity H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree donated the entire value of gold he received for the health cause of the society. A trust Saptam Kuveracharya Shree P.P Avichaldasji Maharajshree Suvarna Tula Smruti trust was established in 2002 and it carries out the Medicare services as visualized by H.H Maharajshree. The seventh Kuveracharya Shree Avichaldasji got the inspiration from his guru, the sixth Kuveracharya Shree Shitaldasji Maharajshree who started a branch of alternative medicine called “Kaival Aayurthomopathy” at Gurugadi. Avichaldasji Maharajshree’s message to the society speaks a lot about Arogya-seva. “We all light a ghee-lamp in front of God. The lamp extinguishes within half of an hour but the lamp of sight gives light till the person lives. Need is to support financially the noble cause of cataract eye operations come, let us worship the God in its true sense by lightening of the eye.”
4) Samaj Seva :
A. Sat Kaival Samuh Lagnotsav
B. Sat Kaival Water Mission
C. Sat Kaival Relief Services
H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree believes that service to mankind is a service to God. Service to people means their welfare, overall activities to build a healthy and happy society. For this H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree does not need-based and regular activities. Need based activities are done at the time of natural disasters and regular welfare activities are done every year. Sat Kaival Samuh Lagnotsav is a regular activity while water mission and relief activities at the same time of natural disasters are need based humanitarian activities.
A. Sat Kaival Samuh Lagnotsav
It is a community service program where in H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree gives kanyadaan to needy girl’s society irrespective of their caste or creed.
B. Sat Kaival Water Mission
Sat Kaival water mission is a program where in technical services are provided, free of charge to those who desire to set up water facility to remove water problems in their area.
C. Sat Kaival relief activities
1. Earthquake relief works
2. Tsunami relief work
3. Prime Minister Relief fund
4. 50 tons of food grains sent to South India through the government of Gujarat.
5) Sangathan Seva :
H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree possesses exemplary organizational skills. He took up the cause of unity among Hindus in the 1980’s and has become a guiding force for all activities of Hindu Ekta. The active participation in Vishva Hindu Parishad activities Ram Janamabhoomi movement Sant Sangathan have made him a source of inspiration in and outside Gujarat. H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree has been working as the vice-president of Akhil Bharatiya sant samiti since its inception. H.H Avichaldasji Maharajshree was also an invited Hindu religion delegate by UNO in the world peace conference in New York in 1999.